What is National Online Learning Day? Online Learning is for Everyone! #OnlineLearningDay
Online learning provides convenience and personalization for every learner. Online learners can broaden their horizons and achieve their goals by:
- Studying a variety of subjects
- Conducting research
- Acquiring a new skill or certification
- Earning a certificate or degree
Online Learning at Kent State University
Fun facts about online learning at Kent State:
- 2,344 students enrolled in 60 fully online programs (Fall 2020)
- 245,939 credit hours taken online (for the full academic year of 2019-2020)
- 58.58% of students are taking one or more online courses (Fall 2020)
- 29,121 online course enrollments (for the full academic year of 2019-2020)
- Online students are everywhere! Kent State students taking online courses have come from all 50 states and 18 countries
- Kent State Online staff created 80 online courses/full degree programs
What is National Online Learning Day?
National Online Learning Day showcases how students of all ages are thriving with the ability to learn online—anywhere, anytime.
It seeks to cultivate awareness of, and support for, this ever-growing community of learners and to celebrate the future of online education—wherever technology and imaginations take us!1
National Online Learning Day was established in July of 2016. It recognizes the online education community with an official day focusing on the significant achievements of online schooling and the students attending.
The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed the observance to be observed on September 15th annually.
Share your online learning story!
Have you taken an online course or taught one? Learned a new language online? Graduated from an online school? Let others know how you’ve succeeded with online learning.
On your existing social media channels using #OnlineLearningDay and this statement, “Online Learning has taught me to _______!” Fill in the blank and then tag three friends to continue the celebration.
Kent State University Online Degrees
Kent State University is a pioneer in online and distance education, offering its first online program more than 15 years ago. Kent State now offers more than 60 online degree and online certificate programs, unmatched by most peer universities with new online programs and online degrees continually added.
Earn your degree anytime, anywhere, with Kent State University’s online graduate degrees, online undergraduate degrees, and online certificate programs. Kent State Online brings together online programs and assistance for students, faculty, the community, and global audiences.
For more information on Kent State’s Online Degrees, visit https://onlinedegrees.kent.edu.
1 Retrieved on August 31, 2021, from http://www.onlinelearningday.com