Take a Shortened Summer Elective for the Online Master of Music in Music Education
Calling all music teachers!
Built with you the active music educator in mind, our 100% Online Master of Music degree in Music Education can be completed in as few as 23 months and is created for you, the music teaching professional.
Read on to learn about Kent State’s Online Master of Music degree in Music Education and non-credit summer music professional development classes.
2023 Summer Classes – Take a Shortened Elective this Summer
Although all of the workshops below can be applied to the Online Master of Music degree in Music Education, you can also take them as professional development classes.
Register for a Summer Elective.
Orff Levels 1, 2, 3
June 20-24 and June 26-30 | Featuring National AOSA Instructors
Early Childhood Music - A Music Learning Theory Approach
July 5-8 and July 10-15 | GIML Level 1 with Wendy Valerio and Herbert Marshall
Summer Conducting Intensive - Choral and Instrumental
July 17-21 | Workshops and Master Classes with Jay White and Benjamin Lorenzo
Questions about summer 2022 music classes? Contact Dr. Butch Marshall, Assistant Professor of Music Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Kent State University?
Kent State University provides:
- 100% online courses. Kent State Online has its own course and instructional design team, so all of the content is created by faculty and designed for the online platform.
- Outstanding faculty. Learn from some of the country’s finest music teacher educators in all areas of specialty. Many of our faculty have published multiple research articles, textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles.
- Personal attention. We are dedicated to helping you succeed in your academics! You will have a professional Academic Advisor throughout your collegiate experience as well as be assigned a Faculty Advisor when you enroll in Capstone.
- Opportunity to complete an elective in a shortened amount of time! During the summer, students can choose to take a shortened, 3-credit hour elective focusing on unique music methods. Keep reading for more information on 2022 summer options below.
- Affordability. The program costs only $655 per credit hour.
- Proudly Accredited. We are accredited through NASM, National Association of Schools of Music, Kent State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well as Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Rolling admissions. You can enroll in classes every seven weeks, fall, spring, and summer. Please refer to our admission page for application deadlines
Enroll today in the Online Master of Music in Music Education Program at Kent State University
The Online Master of Music degree in Music Education program is designed to offer music teachers the opportunity to develop and refine their professional skills. The degree program allows for enhancement and specialization relative to music teaching and learning in contemporary school contexts.
Kent State University is synonymous with music education. Some of the leading voices in the field have earned a degree here. Our 100% online program can be completed in as few as 23 months. Our curriculum is created for the music teaching professional. Classes are 7 weeks, and you can enroll in two classes per semester, including summer. This format allows you to focus on one area of study and then begin another music education course after a brief recess. We are dedicated to helping you design a program that provides exciting new perspectives in your teaching right from the beginning.
For more information on Kent State’s Online Master of Music in Music Education, visit https://onlinedegrees.kent.edu/degrees/master-of-music-in-music-education.