If you're aiming to advance your career in public health, an online Master of Public Health (MPH) program is just the beginning of your journey. Whether you're interested in working directly with the public or you prefer a behind-the-scenes position that lets you increase treatment efficiency and effectiveness, many doors will be open to you upon graduation.
Public Health Jobs
Success of Kent State College of Public Health MPH Graduates
Our MPH graduates that have specialized in Health Policy and Management (HPM) and Social and Behavioral Sciences SBS have been successful in pursuing a wide range of career opportunities, including:
- Health commissioner for local health departments
- Accreditation coordinator for local health departments
- Program administrator for local health departments
- Chief of staff in a local mayor's office
- Social service director for a municipality
- Innovation systems analyst at a food manufacturing company
- Research and quality improvement coordinator at a county mental health board
- Development officer at a hospital foundation
- Financial analyst at a health insurance company
- Patient and family experience coordinator at a major hospital
- Fitness services coordinator at a medical school
- Research coordinator for a hospital
- Program manager at a behavioral health nonprofit organization
- Research coordinator at a hospital
- Research analyst at a nonprofit organization
- Wellness coordinator at a university
- Health educator at local health departments
- Account specialist at a health software company
Students from both programs have also been successful in getting accepted into doctoral programs in public health and professional degree programs.
These are just some of the possibilities that you could consider with a master's in public health. To put your career on the right track, check out the award-winning MPH courses available at Kent State University.