NEW ONLINE PROGRAM ALERT – What can I do with a Business Management Technology degree?
Business management technology includes highlights of business areas including communication, management, accounting, marketing, e-commerce, economics, and liberal arts.
The Business Management Technology undergraduate certificate provides a background for both experienced and aspiring business managers.
The Online Associate of Applied Business in Business Management Technology program is designed to assist students in gaining the necessary knowledge and competencies to succeed in an entry-level position or be promoted to a higher-level management position.
Graduates with a degree in business management may work in a variety of careers. Some fields include finance, healthcare operations, manufacturing, retail, nonprofit, government, and private companies, among many others.
Five specific career opportunities for graduates with a business management technology degree include:1
- Sales Representative - Sales representatives work directly with clients to sell them services or products, and then often manage that relationship to help meet their needs. It’s expected that by 2028, over 20,000 more sales representative jobs will open up in the United States.
- Operations Manager – A business operations manager is responsible for all of the ins and outs of how an organization runs. They look at all the systems and processes and help evaluate the best way to do them. They look for efficient solutions, create organization within a company, and oversee how everything works together. This field is expected to grow about 7% by 2028, a bit faster than the national average for job growth.
- Banker - Investment banking, personal banking, wealth management, and even bank management are all great paths for those with a business management degree. Financial services like banking are expected to grow 4% by 2028, about as fast as the national average.
- Financial Advisor - Financial advisors help individuals learn about their investment, insurance, and retirement options. They often work for independent organizations to help clients learn about their investment options, insurance policies, and more. The profession is expected to grow 7% by 2028, a bit faster than the national average.
- Manager - Managers are tasked with maintaining organization and efficiency inside a company. Managers often hire and train new employees, plan schedules, give reports and presentations to higher executives to show how a company is performing, plan team meetings to increase morale and productivity, and create and maintain budgets for the organization.
NEW PROGRAM! Enroll today in the Online Business Management Technology Undergraduate Certificate at Kent State University
The Business Management Technology undergraduate certificate provides a background for both experienced and aspiring business managers. For the business manager who may already have a degree in a field other than business, the program offers professional certification. For the person who aspires to a management position, the certificate articulates well into an Associate of Applied Business degree.
Certificates are also an excellent opportunity for students looking to ease into a degree program or for students currently working on a degree. Since each certificate program works differently in terms of time to completion, scheduling, delivery method, and financial aid, it's best to talk to an academic advisor to get all the details!
This program is designed to be completed in 30 weeks.
For more information on Kent State’s Online Business Management Technology Undergraduate Certificate, visit LINK TO COME.
Interested in an Associate Degree? Enroll today in the Online Associate of Applied Business in Business Management Technology at Kent State University
The Online Associate of Applied Business in Business Management Technology provides students with a core consisting of communication, management, accounting, marketing, e-commerce, economics, and liberal arts courses.
Students may have the opportunity to participate in internships, which help to link theory with hands-on practice.
The Business Management Technology major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Business Administration concentration articulates with the Bachelor of Business Administration degree at Kent State.
- The Logistics and Supply Chain Management concentration allows students to become knowledgeable in the process and supervision of the movement of products from the point of origin to the point of consumption for consumers, businesses, and other organizations.
- The Management and Entrepreneurship concentration comprises coursework in management, entrepreneurship, and productivity applications.
- The Marketing/Sales concentration comprises coursework in management, advertising, customer service, and productivity applications.
The Online Associate of Applied Business in Business Management Technology at Kent State University will teach you:
- Apply lessons learned by integrating business simulations into appropriate courses using Excel, MyLab, or other simulation software
- Discuss various aspects of teams in business: team dynamics, different types of teams, meeting rules, and management
- Research and share how companies are currently working to improve their products, services, and overall organizations
- Understand business concepts and vocabulary
- Demonstrate knowledge acquired by emphasizing public speaking, ethical problem solving, teamwork, and multimedia presentations
- Write in a formal and informal style
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in teams
- Demonstrate knowledge of business and economic principles, concepts, and vocabulary
- Interpret local, state, national, and international markets and regulations
- Use appropriate technology for business applications, as well as review future technology needs
- Identify, assess and solve specific problems for actual organizations, or address problems presented in a case-study
- Distinguish between ethical and unethical business practices, and show an appreciation for diversity in the workplace
For more information on Kent State’s Online Associate of Applied Business in Business Management Technology, visit https://onlinedegrees.kent.edu/degrees/associate-of-applied-business-in-business-management-technology.
1 Retrieved on June 22, 2021, from https://www.wgu.edu/blog/5-careers-business-management-degree-graduates2006.html#close